October is here, and it is a time for outdoor fun, pumpkin picking, hayrides, and trick or treating! We want your children to have fun but also be safe. We want to offer some tips for a safe Halloween night.
* Never trick or treat alone.
* While trick or treating, use a flashlight to help you see and for others to see you.
* Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips or falls. Wear fire-proof material.
* Wear brightly colored costumes or add reflective accessories to your clothes.
* Always test make-up on a small area of skin to prevent a reaction. Remove all make-up before bedtime.
* Walk on sidewalks. If that is not possible, walk along the far edge of the street facing oncoming traffic. Look both ways before crossing the streets.
* Never enter homes you are not familiar with. Visit only well-lit homes. Never accept rides from strangers.
* Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers. Check all treats before allowing your child to eat them. Also, read the labels of the treats if your child has food allergies.
* Brush your teeth after enjoying your treats!